Search the forum,

Discuss LPG Jet for 1950s Cannon Gas grill in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Our House is now fully Heat Pumped, insulated and we have had the Gas Meter Removed.
We have a 1950s foldaway Cannon Gas Grill which is on the wall above the AEG Induction hob with 1 Gas burner. It worked very well on Natural gas. We have had the local gas co. install an LPG supply using existing pipes to the hob & change the jets. …..but they have balked at the vintage gas grill.
IMG_0562.jpeg IMG_0563.jpeg

How do I spec. the required LPG jet for the Gas grill? The existing one has 53 stamped on it.
IMG_0569.jpeg

The top of the thread I measure as 0.3705”, bottom of thread could be 0.3335, the pitch is about 0.0270. I cant find a thread to match this in the places I have looked online.
IMG_0570.jpeg IMG_0572.jpegIMG_0573.jpegIMG_0574.jpeg

…and the inside of the jet has some sort of baffle that I don’t see on pics of replacement jets.
IMG_0569.jpeg

How do I spec the right jet for this grill?
Where can I buy one?
…or have one made?

Honk you, ….PapyChef

Unless the LPG jet is specced following testing by the original manufacturer, it's a no go to convert to LPG.
You'd need a data plate or instruction book for the grill identifying the jet for LPG for that specific model.

If it's a 1950's and it does look that era, it will have most likely had a new burner fitted when it was converted for Natural gas in the late 60's / 70's.
It should also have had a new data plate fitted, have you checked to see if that mentions LPG?

And you won't get anyone to fit the grill without such information.

Any reason why you didn’t just get bottled natural gas to save the headaches?

Any reason why you didn’t just get bottled natural gas to save the headaches?
When they converted to northsea gas in the 70s, Alston in ***bria wasn't near a gas pipeline so as a temporary measure they ran the town on a LPG/air mixture which had the same calorific value as natural gas, so once they laid a pipeline they didn't have to reconvert peoples appliances. You could always put in a compressor and mix your own :)

Reply to LPG Jet for 1950s Cannon Gas grill in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock