Discuss Gas hob isolation valve behind a gas cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are the regulations ? obviously the hob has to have a rigid connection and a means of isolation but is ok for the gas cock to be hidden behind the electric oven or does it have to be accesible ? say in a cupboard next door etc .

THE TITLE WAS MEANT TO SAY ELECTRIC COOKER SORRY!

not sure what the regs state but i work on it should be accessible otherwise whats the point.i mean its not good really if its behind an electric oven and you have to undo 4 screws , just to get to it.

i appreciate the chances are if your replacing the hob you're more then likely going to move the oven anyway.

Its better practise to put it in the cupboard next door, but gas safe guy i asked said it was fine behind a oven.

not a problem with gas tap behind ,elecy oven ,as the elecy oven is,nt classed a permanantly fixed ie gas tas accessable

agree with redsaw dont see the big deal if there was an emergency the ECV would be the obvious choice

only people who operate that valve are us when working on appliance

was told by an inspector that it can be behind the oven as it is for servicing rather than to be used by the homeowner. As said the ecv is for the homeowner to use in an emergency

ok thankyou very much guys thats what i though im getting my second probation inspection and just wanted to make sure :)

its a service valve not an emergency valve,

My customers cant use thermostats nevermind Iso valves

no problem with gas isolation valve behind a electric cooker also make sure hob is fitted with 3 amp fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas hob isolation valve behind a gas cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock