Discuss Fuse 13amp but states 5amp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi oil heads,
Most oil boilers that I service when I isolTe the fuse and take it out, it's never the correct size it should be 13amp most times. Should I leave it or replace it for what it says to be in the spec of boiler manual.

What manual says / spec

So if I replace it for e.g. 5amp as it says in the manual it will be good and nothing bad can happen

yep

13A are just because fused spurs come with them in - and rarely do people bother to fit the correct rating........

Fitting the size indicated by the boiler manufacturer is best .......

one of the biggest no no's when corgi or as now known gas safe find wrong fuse size installed, must be to MI's some boilers are 10amp fuse not easy to get hold of (think kestons)

10A fuses, along with 5A and 3A are easy to buy ..
they are now when i needed some several years ago they were a bugger to find you can even get them from wilko, i had to get thhem from internet search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fuse 13amp but states 5amp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My boiler, which is 3 years old, has stopped working and it turns out it was the fuse. I had an engineer resolve the issue, but when I turned...
Replies
Views
Hi all We have a Vaillant turbomax plus 828e combi which we found powered off a few days ago. Turns out the 2a glass fuse on the PCB had gone...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have Grant oil fired boiler which when cold, takes multiple times to fire up. It will run for say 20 or 30 seconds with hot exhaust...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock