Search the forum,

Discuss Fun day of leaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djob

Filling up a plot, fine for 30 minutes... Having a chat & them boom water ****ing out everywhere!! Anyone else had this happen to them? (Not my own work)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 125
That fitting cracked? Least it blew on test and not after plastering and painting.

That fitting cracked? Least it blew on test and not after plastering and painting.
Unfortunately it passed pressure test, but cracked on a house getting CML tomorrow this is picture taken from te hole I cut in the floor

Best ring Hepworth and get the rep out for a look, might get a free cup out of them!

Had a text at 07.30 from Deputy at a school, leak..... Thought it was going to be the asbestos lagged 4" iron in voids as it's getting on a bit. ..... No it was the lead before the meter. What's that u say lead on drinking water in a school? Surely not?

Looking at the pic, it definitely looks as though it's been compressed rather than dragged over a nail, or caught with a plasters stanley knife, which I have seen once or twice :)

I've seen quite a few hep2o elbows split like that, if you yank them around to much it can cause them to split.

Had a text at 07.30 from Deputy at a school, leak..... Thought it was going to be the asbestos lagged 4" iron in voids as it's getting on a bit. ..... No it was the lead before the meter. What's that u say lead on drinking water in a school? Surely not?

Miles of it still in tenements in Edinburgh, still lead gas too... sheesh...

Never seen that before, what do you reckon compressed that?

I had someone put up a mini scaffold tower with one of the legs on a bit of polyplumb 15mm pipe running across the floor, that split the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fun day of leaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock