Discuss Flue into Chimney in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mckizz

I have recently bought a house which has an old back boiler with a horrible CEF. Im not planning on removing this myself but want to remove both the fire and fireplace, but obviously will have to remove the back boiler aswell, i have a cupboard adjacent to the chimney breast and would like to have a new condenser boiler placed here if possible, to avoid have lots of new pipes etc to save on the budget. does any1 know if it is possible to have the boiler placed here with the flue running up the chimney, which i assume will have a lining due to the current back boiler.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

There are a few maunufacturers that do a flue system that can be dropped down a chimney including Worcester.
You cannot use the existing flue liner as it is totally different and not compatable.
These flue systems are relatively expensive to buy and fit. There may be a way to run a standard, possibly extended or vertical flue.
Sometimes it is a simple job if the boiler is fitted upstairs in the airing cupboard to run a vertical flue. All the pipes you need for a new boiler will be here except for the gas.

new rules on flues and voids may prevent you running a flue this way anyway, and it would be expensive to do so, best to reposition the boiler to use a conventional horzintal flue outlet

Some are designed to be fitted inside chimneys. Flue comes as a continuous 10m length.

i thought i had posted on this earlier, apparently not!!! Glen Dimplex do a flue system that goes inside a chimney, there are others but i cannot remember who, sorry

baxi do a new back boiler electric fire front, not cheap @1700 ish though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue into Chimney in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock