Search the forum,

Discuss flue 300mm from french doors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

giarc00007

Gas Engineer
hi guys. went to do a gas safety check today. flue is 300mm from double french doors. i know its 300mm from openable window and vent. But is it still the same for a situation like this?

Been out the game for a little while, but I'm sure from memory it's 300mm from the opening in the building not the actual window because it's also pointing toward structural integrity of the building aswell as combustion entering the building, by opening I mean where the brickwork ends and the frame starts not where the frame ends, hope that makes sense because I'm a little confused now !!

When you say you've been out of the game for a while does that mean you're no longer gsr?

Still got my acs but been a courier for the last 6 months, still looking for a gas job, or maybe go
Self employed, not sure yet, why do you ask ?

Because I can mainly.

I was checking you were still gsr because, if you weren't, we would probably have to rescind your access to the private forum. But all's good.

Because I can mainly.

I was checking you were still gsr because, if you weren't, we would probably have to rescind your access to the private forum. But all's good.

I havnt fitted a boiler for 2 weeks! :D
Can I stay in the club? :dita:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flue 300mm from french doors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I was hoping you could help with a potential boiler build query for my father. He has recently had a new boiler installed via British Gas (valiant brand). The external boiler flue seems excessively tall, proving to be somewhat of an eye sore (please see pictures attached). I know it...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current boiler is on an external kitchen wall with the flue going straight out. However, it's positioned in between a door and the kitchen window, quite close...
Replies
Views
H
  • Question
I had a combi boiler put in my rental property about 10 years ago by a contractor arranged by the letting agency and I assume qualified. Gas safety checks have never highlighted a problem. This year they have turned off the boiler because the bottom of the flue pipe is 200mm from the opening...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as can be on the kitchen wall. Flue exits out through the wall via an elbow but emerges above a flat roof. Unfortunately it's somewhat less than the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Recently had a new heating system and unvented hot-water cylinder installed (conversion from vented with tank). Everything is working fine despite the installation being rushed at times. The 'main' guy (not the installer) from the company I used (with very good ratings) - can work with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock