Search the forum,

Discuss flow sensor and flow switch help on ecodan hybrid setup with boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys,

I’m in the process of installing ecodan 8.5kw hybrid setup with my boiler existing boiler and a buffer tank. Heating zone 1 only (central heating )

I’ve been studying the manual and have had discussed plans with a local plumber to place pipes in for me.

I’m not sure with one part of the system build, the manual says that I need to install flow switches.

I understand that a flow switch is required on the central heating circuit.

My question is, on the heat pump circuit side, do I install the sika vortex flow sensor and a flow switch or will it be ok with just a flow switch and not the sensor.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Have you sized your pipework and rads for lower temp ?

Also installing there hydro box ?

Have you sized your pipework and rads for lower temp ?

Also installing there hydro box ?
Hi there,
Pipe work for ashp circuit is 28mm and the radiator is the usual 22mm with 10mm stem to radiator, the radiator are going to be changed to double radiators whilst the system is being installed.
I’m not using a hydro box as it is the monoblock packaged type ecodan unit.

Needs to be 15mm to the rads

And flow switch on system side eg outputs and a temp sensor if not inbuilt to the hp side

Needs to be 15mm to the rads

And flow switch on system side eg outputs and a temp sensor if not inbuilt to the hp side
Yes the plumber is going to upgrade the piping on the central heating side.

I definitely know that there are 6 thermistors involved, 2 for flow and return on ch, Two for flow and return on boiler and two for flow and return on heat pump circuit.

The manual states that a flow switch has to be added on central heating circuit.

It’s not clear wether a sika flow sensor and/or a flow switch is to be added on the heat pump circuit. A fail safe on the heat pump side definitely needs to be added otherwise heat exchanger in heat pump can over heat if there is no water in the Hp circuit, my question is, do I add both the sika flow sensor and a flow switch on the heat pump circuit or just add one of them?

As it’s a mono no should already been built in if needed

Reply to flow sensor and flow switch help on ecodan hybrid setup with boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock