Discuss fitting new pipe and spreaders to vintage urinals - but can't get in behind them! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tapdancer

Hi. I'm fitting new pipe work and spreaders to a vintage type triple urinal. The spreaders that are there look like they are fitted and tightened from the back, although the supply comes down the surface from the top. I can't get in behind them now though. Should be able to get old spreaders off then fill holes and re-enamel whole urinal. Can anyone suggest a spreader that I can fit to the surface.? How would it be fixed etc? I Can clamp the supply pipes down the wall easily but fixing to the urinal is the problem.

are we talking about a slab urinal with seperate heads for each position or seperat urinals

They are seperate urinals but are all joined together with dividers between them. So there are 3 spreaders. I'm trying to upload a photo but can't do it!

dont know if they are still available but there used to be spreader heads with a screw through the middle either drill into the slabs or break the old ones away and reuse the hole if theres a bolt it should punch through

We need that pic.

The forum had a bad attack of spamming a while ago, so the security settings are at defcon 2 at the moment, meaning that members with a low post count can't put pics up.

Maybe put it on a flickr account and link to that?

The last time I did this was a long time ago but the hotel owner was well pleased with my work.

I did the whole lot in copper (polished each day) with loads of top quality saddle clips as fellas use the pipework to climb up on to the step. The spreaders are available from armitage shanks or just make them up yourself out of copper cap ends its dead easy.

Forget getting around the back no chance CHk
They are seperate urinals but are all joined together with dividers between them. So there are 3 spreaders. I'm trying to upload a photo but can't do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting new pipe and spreaders to vintage urinals - but can't get in behind them! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is fundraising to restore a local pub into a community hub (and also a pub). The pub which is The Hop...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
I have seen people speaking of this and others not understanding. I have a leak in my pipe coming from the main. Attaching a new 1/2" coupling to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock