Discuss First broken power tool..Ebrauer cordless drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Ebrauer cordless drill. Just over two year old, relatively regular use. Just spins round without spinning what in it - say a screwdriver bit - once connected to screw. Fixable or had it?

If the latter - any good suggestions? I don't need it to be high-spec really, have a decent SDS and so just use cordless for whacking in screws and making a few holes in bits of wood.

I'd just bin it. B and q doing deals at the moment, £99 for a makita hammer drill and two batteries....

not sure if its worth fixing. did you spend much on it?

Makitas li-ion range are really good, class tools. albeit quite expensive. Secret squirrel is right B&Q have some really good xmas deals on at the moment.

Oh, and my first broken power tool was an 18volt dewalt drill. only 4 years old and i dropped it off a scaffold.

my 18v makita li-ion drill has just developed the same problem, so i took it apart and i now cant put it back together :(.

for screwdriving you cant beat the impact drivers

I've got an impact driver which makes me giggle like a school girl everytime I use it. If I'm bored I'll just hammer screws in with it, thats why I'm not allowed a staple gun......

My girlfriend ruins all my fun, YES, all of it.

Personally won't but Makita Drill Driver again. Not happy with my current one, nor my current makita combi drill, which is an impact driver and drill driver.

The drill driver crunches if you tighten the chuck in gear 3.

The combi drill spat out a load of grey smoke when I put a 25mm hole through a joist with a flat bit.

When you consider both tools cost me well over £300 each, its hardly a ringing endorsment. I'm gonna buy Hilti next time.

Watertight, the gears are knackered... plastic junk...bin it.
I don't rate Makita or DeWalt much either, especially the screwfix specials.

Any one still undecided what they would like for christmas..........what about these babies
Hilti Online - Hilti Winter Warmers
2nd one down

Good price for top quality gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to First broken power tool..Ebrauer cordless drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock