Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Fga test caps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys.

Any of you have a routine when putting these back? I can't stop thinking that I've forgot to put it back.

Hi guys.

Any of you have a routine when putting these back? I can't stop thinking that I've forgot to put it back.

I Usually take the cap/plug out put it on top of the boiler, then put it back in when I take the probe out, then have a last check of everything before I leave

I take a pic when I put it back so I don't think I have forgot when driving home 4 hours later

Oh the mind games of gas engineering its the same with the test nipple, amount of times i have drove off had a panic moment gone back saying i left a screw driver in by the gas meter lol

Oh the mind games of gas engineering its the same with the test nipple, amount of times i have drove off had a panic moment gone back saying i left a screw driver in by the gas meter lol

Yep....its always the test nipple.

For me its when I leave my U Gauge attached come back to it and can't remember where I put the nipple, It's usually on top of the meter but I always miss it

just pop back and look for my spanner............................

A guy I know used to work for a firm who were doing a lot of gas meter swaps. At the end of the day back at the depot he used to drop an old test nipple screw into peoples pockets. Then when they got home and emptied their pockets they used to panic and drive back to all the jobs from that day! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fga test caps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock