Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Facebook group in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T & H Plumbing

Sort that bleeding group out it was great when I first joined now it's been overtaken by afghan wanna be plumbers

Thanks to the majority who have given advice n helped thousands got some cracking lads from here n the group

I gave up with it a while ago, still on about 3 more .
This is best, I wish all them facebook groups never started.

And it's killed the forum here a bit in my opinion. Hate Facebook with a passion!

I'm getting tired of them believe it or not. seems like everyone's got a page.

Cropped delete it and set up a group just for those in plumbers arms ?????

The problem is a cultural one. For the most part, the culture of this forum is reasonably courteous and respectful, with most of the Micky taking in the arms.

The primary culture on Facebook is appears to be for juvenile adolescents, p1ssed on their first snakebite.

The problem is a cultural one. For the most part, the culture of this forum is reasonably courteous and respectful, with most of the Micky taking in the arms.

The primary culture on Facebook is appears to be for juvenile adolescents, p1ssed on their first snakebite.

Yes we're much more refined here.... Innit tho!

It is a pain in the arse tbh.
i totally agree,extra work we could do without
And it's killed the forum here a bit in my opinion. Hate Facebook with a passion!

the idea behind our page was to direct folk here,though i will be honest and say i dont think thats working too well,more bitching and aggro than its worth at times,sometimes i just feel like pulling the plug,but i have to take into account that other help run it as well,and it has to be a shared decision

Maybe its worth asking the question Mark. Why make your workload greater if there is no benefit? I know not everyone on here shares the same humour, but at least we all get along without nasty comments and share a certain respect for each other.

Maybe its worth asking the question Mark. Why make your workload greater if there is no benefit? I know not everyone on here shares the same humour, but at least we all get along without nasty comments and share a certain respect for each other.

Ahh thanks mate!

i totally agree,extra work we could do without

the idea behind our page was to direct folk here,though i will be honest and say i dont think thats working too well,more bitching and aggro than its worth at times,sometimes i just feel like pulling the plug,but i have to take into account that other help run it as well,and it has to be a shared decision

There are too many copycat groups Mark and new ones popping up regularly. I sometimes think I'm losing it when I see the same post three time and realise it's on three different fb groups.

But as a few people have said, there's a level of courtesy and mutual respect on here that is lacking on the fb groups. I'm leaving them one by one as it's getting tedious.

The ukpf one defiantly isn't working as a direct to here idea, as a fb page yes but not that..The main problem i find with them is you get some overbearing characters who completely dominate posts and try bullheadedly to make people tow there line rather than just answer objectively.

I've not been on here much lately but I haven't been on Facebook at all . By far this is the better forum .. n your right there are too many groups poping up nowadays. ...

i do spam the forum link when it permits but i wouldnt worry too much trying to get more members on this forum can do without most of the idiots in that group here keep up the good work thou admin think you will find ill be back on here more often boring you all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Facebook group in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some...
Replies
Views
Hi guys thankfully not been needing to com on for a while but could do with a pointer. 2 weeks ago I noticed boiler didn’t fire for hot water in...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock