Discuss External pressure vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Fitted an external expansion vessel to closed system central heating system due to failure of internal boiler vessel. Fitted on return below wall mounted boiler. Vessel pre-charge pressure checked prior to fitting, confirmed at 1.3 bar. System purged of air and pressurised at cold to 1 bar. Pressure appears to be unstable and creeps up above 1.5 bar at working temperature. Any ideas?

That’s normal upto 2 bar standard from a cold pressure around 1.2 bar

That’s normal upto 2 bar standard from a cold pressure around 1.2 bar
Okay, thanks for that. I assumed that the expansion vessel pre-charge air pressure would determine the water pressure. But thinking about it I guess that the diaphram, moving against the air will compress the air and thus increase its pressure allowing the water pressure to rise to meet that increased air pressure?
Hmmmm...physics!

Exactly when the water is heated it expands creating more pressure

Reply to External pressure vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Hi all, My pressure is stable at 1.5 when the boiler is off, but if I switch it on, the pressure rises as expected, but once switched off it...
Replies
Views
Damo666
D
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel...
Replies
Views
Back