Discuss External frost stat is in action or not doing anything? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I hope you claimed off his insurance!?
Thank you for this reminder!
I didn't know I could claim off his insurance?
I had photos of those leaks and damage, but I need to prove it was his fault? Or simply because he did all the installation he just should be responsible for those damage? And I need to prove the damage figures?
I may just be too naive or kind, he didn't take me serious, for example, the HW zone valve never closed issue, I texted him and called him many times, he was not answering...

I’m not too clued up on the legal side of things. I think @king of pipes may be able to advise there. If you have sufficient evidence and invoices for the repairs then I would definitely look further into it. No business wants to have a claim made against their insurance but it’s there for reasons just like this. We only ever had one claim made against us, which turned out to be a manufacturers fault and subsequently dropped against us. My concern is though does this person even have insurance? I’d imagine if he’s gas certified then he must do.

I’m not too clued up on the legal side of things. I think @king of pipes may be able to advise there. If you have sufficient evidence and invoices for the repairs then I would definitely look further into it. No business wants to have a claim made against their insurance but it’s there for reasons just like this. We only ever had one claim made against us, which turned out to be a manufacturers fault and subsequently dropped against us. My concern is though does this person even have insurance? I’d imagine if he’s gas certified then he must do.
I checked his Checktrade about his insurance: "Current: Verified 20/03/2020." So he has but verified 2 year ago?
If @king of pipes could provide some advice that would be great!

Many thanks for your advice & reminder and all! Very helpful!

I would never use a place like Checktrade etc to generate income, nor would I look in places like that for an installer. Generally speaking a good trades person doesn’t need to advertise, if their work is top quality word of mouth is all they need, apart from van sign writing. Give King a chance to respond. He’s a frequent contributor but you may not get a response until tomorrow. I believe his wife works in legal sector so any advice he gives is sound advise.

I would never use a place like Checktrade etc to generate income, nor would I look in places like that for an installer. Generally speaking a good trades person doesn’t need to advertise, if their work is top quality word of mouth is all they need, apart from van sign writing. Give King a chance to respond. He’s a frequent contributor but you may not get a response until tomorrow. I believe his wife works in legal sector so any advice he gives is sound advise.
I agree with you in terms of really good engineers do not need advertisement as they are very busy with recommended works already!
This so called engineer caused me so much trouble e.g. he cut downstairs hot water pipe and not come back to re-pipe it, leave downstairs toilet and utility no hot water for the whole winter! My 4 year little girl every time before meal refuses to wash hand as it is too cold so we have to take her upstairs....

I will look forward to @king of pipes help! As I can list 10 big issue like above mentioned one that caused by this engineer, but no clue how/what to do in what ways...

Thanks again mate! You are actually helping real engineers to get more jobs rather than this kind of cowboy do advertisement and take jobs that they are not competent to do!

Good morning Jurgenjay I have studied your posts and it's obvious that you have been treated terribly, unfortunately this seems to happen quite frequently with the shortage of good tradesmen and the ease that someone can set up as a so called installer , the sign of a good tradesmen is what he does when something does go wrong in this case it seems very little.
Now what are your options ? You could go down the small claims court route but it will be a lengthy drawn out process which alot of people don't have the stomache for and end up giving up.
You could complain to trading standards no reputable company want to be investigated by them as it will blacken their name,
The company you employed has a duty of care to carry out the work as agreed the job was either carried out by a subcontractor or now ex employee but the responsibility lies with the owner of that company.
Was a detailed estimate or quote provided stating what work was to be carried out ?
What is the relationship like between yourself and the company ? has it broken down and you are being ignored ?
The bottom line is do want this company in your property? you've had a bad experience and at best the work will be patched up and cause issues for you at a later date , legally you need to give him the opportunity to correct the work but it very rarely ends well as you have no confidence in him and he probably sees you as a irritation.
The best outcome would probably be to employ a reputable company to correct the poor installation and try to recover a percentage of the cost from the original company, it really comes down to whether you have the time and are willing to perdue this individual relentlessly it will take a long time with no guarantee of a good outcome. Regards kop 👍

Good morning Jurgenjay I have studied your posts and it's obvious that you have been treated terribly, unfortunately this seems to happen quite frequently with the shortage of good tradesmen and the ease that someone can set up as a so called installer , the sign of a good tradesmen is what he does when something does go wrong in this case it seems very little.
Now what are your options ? You could go down the small claims court route but it will be a lengthy drawn out process which alot of people don't have the stomache for and end up giving up.
You could complain to trading standards no reputable company want to be investigated by them as it will blacken their name,
The company you employed has a duty of care to carry out the work as agreed the job was either carried out by a subcontractor or now ex employee but the responsibility lies with the owner of that company.
Was a detailed estimate or quote provided stating what work was to be carried out ?
What is the relationship like between yourself and the company ? has it broken down and you are being ignored ?
The bottom line is do want this company in your property? you've had a bad experience and at best the work will be patched up and cause issues for you at a later date , legally you need to give him the opportunity to correct the work but it very rarely ends well as you have no confidence in him and he probably sees you as a irritation.
The best outcome would probably be to employ a reputable company to correct the poor installation and try to recover a percentage of the cost from the original company, it really comes down to whether you have the time and are willing to perdue this individual relentlessly it will take a long time with no guarantee of a good outcome. Regards kop 👍
Thank you very much King of Pipes for your reply!
I agree with you that this kind of situation happens quite frequently is because "shortage of good tradesmen and the ease that someone can set up as a so called installer".
This results in homeowners suffer and real good tradesmen have less jobs...
But worst of all is, no such an authority or institution in place to check the works done and judge how bad it is, you will have to, as you said, to sue the bad tradesman to court which will take time and end up giving up---this is the reason the bad job done happens frequently and bad tradesman are so common to be encountered.

I do have a detailed estimate or quote, now the thing is, all the works done have issues, radiators not all hot, radiators leaked, pipes bursted, boiler issues etc.

The relationship is tricky to say, as this tradesman is tricky, he never said "NO, I don't want to come or don't want to be responsible", but he just not pick the phone or rely messages, if you call him twice every day 5 days a week, he or his wife might call back once asked: what's going on?, then he said he has priority as old women no heating and no hot water, he has to take care of them first.---every time same excuse: old people no HW no CH.

He has been dragging the issues without trying to sort out, he is either : not willing to waste time on rectifying the issues (as I paid him all the money on the quote) or, he really does not know how to do the boiler.
Either way, it is really bad!

Reply to External frost stat is in action or not doing anything? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, My boiler was kind of new & installed last year July, I know there's build-in frost protection. Also, there's an old external frost...
Replies
Views
I would like some guidance regarding the Worcester CDi 29 Classic boiler. According to the manual it has a holiday mode and frost protection mode...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a newly installed boiler which has built-in frost protection, when the installer installed this boiler, they did not disconnect the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Our heating set time is 7:30am off. This morning at around 8:35am the pump started to run, water motorised valve opened, and boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock