Search the forum,

Discuss Experienced bathroom fitter needs help with gas portfolio. Currently training in gas. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grant Hicks

Hi,

I've been 6129 qualified for years now, and have spent my time bathroom fitting, tiling, etc. I have been training in gas this year with a not very reputable training company. I have found the training very, very poor

They said they would help provide a gas engineer to work with to help me with my portfolio, and lo and behold they haven't. I have asked several engineers, but they are hardly getting any gas work at the moment.

Is there anybody that can help me with this?

I live in Essex, areas nearby are Harlow, Epping, Bishops Stortford, Dunmow, Chelmsford, Braintree, and all surrounding areas.

PS

I make a mean cup of tea!

Thanks in advance.

Re: Experienced bathroom fitter needs help with gas portfolio. Currently training in

Good luck but I think you'll struggle no one will want to train the competition

Re: Experienced bathroom fitter needs help with gas portfolio. Currently training in

I understand that, but some people will be retiring etc, unable to work due to injury. I am also willing to travel. My mum lives up in Norfolk, so I would travel up there and do my portfolio, therefore no-one has to worry about training the competition as I don't live there.

Same as I could travel to East London, etc.

All this would of course be unpaid labour, so if anybody needs any boilers, gas fires etc, servicing for free, so that I can have my photo taken next to an appliance.

It's very frustrating when you just want to get and do it. And they say English people don't want to work!

i'm sure you realise it's not just a case of having your photo taken next to an appliance you actually have to do the work as well :smile5:

i'm sure you realise it's not just a case of having your photo taken next to an appliance you actually have to do the work as well :smile5:

Obviously. I'm not a teenager, I know exactly what I need to do. Instead of condescending comments, it would be nice to find someone who would genuinely want to help.

I've have been a wet plumber for over 20 years. I'm also a qualified electrician, and also a master tiler. I like to do things properly, that's all.

Anyone who knows Steve will till you he was not being condescending. Just being a bit tongue in cheek which you will find a lot of on these forums if you stick around.

Good luck with your portfolio. If you get on with someone to get the necessary on the job training and enough of it. A portfolio will become unnecessary as Your entrance category will change. With enough experience you can pay for and walk into acs

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, cheers.

I'm currently on a course which is how to be a complete cowboy course, advertised on this site. Happy to take your money, but not willing to do what they said they would do. All fluff and no stuff.

Ask them a question, and it's 'go and get a cup of tea' type course.

I just need to get out in the field, and get my portfolio done. I do it everyday with my other bits, but it's frustrating when people have a fault with their boiler, and I know what the fault is, but can't touch it.

I've been offered full-time work with a company, but need to get my ACS first.:banghead:

i apologise if you took my comments as condescending they weren't meant to be hence the smiley

shame youre not in south london i could have helped, I frequently need an extra hand, when i insists my company gets in a subbie, which cost a fortune, so everytime i ask for someone they moan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Experienced bathroom fitter needs help with gas portfolio. Currently training in gas. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm currently completing my training to become a gas boiler engineer. I need to complete my portfolio and want the opportunity to gain some practical experience. I am available afternoon and weekends and love in London. If you can offer me any support plse inbox me thank you
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Have recently finished my training and am looking for anyone who would be willing to help me complete my gas engineer portfolio? I did have a mentor but he has ghosted me and have messaged over 70 local people and nobody seems to want to do it! I’m in the Worcestershire area! Many thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock