Discuss Exchanging warmflow 90 for grant vortex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chris2006

Hi All

I'm going to replace my warmflow oil boiler for a grant vortex

The only thing is my system heats the hot water by gravity but the vortex has a pump fitted and only has one inlet and one outlet but the warmflow boiler has 2 returns and 2 oultets connected

(warmflow old oil boiler )For the hot water the boiler comes on and heats the water and the tank is heated by gravity ( pump stays off )

and for the central heating the circulating pump comes in

What would be the best way to install the vortex into the old piping layout?

Many Thanks

You need a lot of pipework alterations to bring you in line with part L.

Not doing so is like buying a rolls Royce engine and squeezing it into an Austin Allegro.

You also need the boiler commissioned to fulfil labc and manufacturers requirements.

Not being funny but I suspect that this is outside your skill set.

It is a very common problem that we come across when having to replace an oil boiler. Gravity is no longer allowed as it is too slow and inefficient, and the new boiler is not designed for it.
It needs all pumped circuits, but to use the existing gravity pipes, by pumping them is for an expert to alter as it would mean air constantly getting absorbed into your system water which will destroy the rads and new boiler within one year! Trust me, I have come across a lot of "plumbers" and DIY installed boilers that were pin holed due to this.
Get an actual heating installer to do it for you.

Thanks for the replies

I can do the piping side of things if I had a diagram for the best layout :)

Not worth you doing the pipework tbh.

I would actually charge more to install a boiler that the cust had made an attempt at the pipework.

You think you are saving the money, the truth is that you're not.

Get three estimates from qualified people with a good reputation and go from there.

You also need the boiler commissioned for warranty, but also so that it does what I assume you are going to get it installed for - fine tuning for highest efficiency, safety and trouble free long life for the boiler. You can't do that yourself as you are not qualified, or have experience or an expensive flue gas analyser. The Vortex boilers are around 95 - 97% efficient, but only if the engineer does their job right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Exchanging warmflow 90 for grant vortex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock