Discuss Electrical course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

I'm thinking of taking my electrical course. So I can change lights sign off ect is it difficult any one got any more info thanks

Keen on replies as I've been looking myself at furthering my electrical knowledge.. are u meaning 17th edition or are u on about a short course.

You should talk to Cr0ft - I am pretty sure that he qualified over on the dark side...

I'm not sure looking to fit lights sockets consumer units. Certs . Ect an extra service to what we do making it a one stop shop

You can do short part 'p' course, but doesn't qualify you to put new circuits ,consumer units etc, you need 17th ed. Then register with cps

17th is a matter of buying regs book and then sitting the on line test.

Don't get part scope part p. It's pointless just go full scope

I have been toying with going into electrics a bit more I think its gone a bit of a closed shop from talking to sparks but I plan to find out next year.

I completed the Part P course in 2005, defined scope. ÂŁ1500 for the 5 day course, over ÂŁ600 on a Megga tester and more

Corgi electrical competant person scheme, had the inspections all ok.

About 3 years ago I started the 17 th edition course, planning to join the solar Pv bandwaggen, the day I started the course the government changed the feed in tariffs, 2 nd day in after putting probably 200 post it notes in the new reg book so I could find the answers quickly I decided to call it a day, just not worth all the time and money I was putting into it.

The third amendment to the 17th, BS 7671:2008 is expected to be published on the 5th January 2015 and will come into effect on the 1st July 2015. Wait for the new book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electrical course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock