Discuss Electrical course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

I'm thinking of taking my electrical course. So I can change lights sign off ect is it difficult any one got any more info thanks

Keen on replies as I've been looking myself at furthering my electrical knowledge.. are u meaning 17th edition or are u on about a short course.

You should talk to Cr0ft - I am pretty sure that he qualified over on the dark side...

I'm not sure looking to fit lights sockets consumer units. Certs . Ect an extra service to what we do making it a one stop shop

You can do short part 'p' course, but doesn't qualify you to put new circuits ,consumer units etc, you need 17th ed. Then register with cps

17th is a matter of buying regs book and then sitting the on line test.

Don't get part scope part p. It's pointless just go full scope

I have been toying with going into electrics a bit more I think its gone a bit of a closed shop from talking to sparks but I plan to find out next year.

I completed the Part P course in 2005, defined scope. £1500 for the 5 day course, over £600 on a Megga tester and more

Corgi electrical competant person scheme, had the inspections all ok.

About 3 years ago I started the 17 th edition course, planning to join the solar Pv bandwaggen, the day I started the course the government changed the feed in tariffs, 2 nd day in after putting probably 200 post it notes in the new reg book so I could find the answers quickly I decided to call it a day, just not worth all the time and money I was putting into it.

The third amendment to the 17th, BS 7671:2008 is expected to be published on the 5th January 2015 and will come into effect on the 1st July 2015. Wait for the new book.

2 years at night should get you a level 2. then you want your regs and your testing. better to do the harder testing qual as you can test anything from a domestic point of view. i did 4.5 years of nights.:(

I'm thinking of taking my electrical course. So I can change lights sign off ect is it difficult any one got any more info thanks

The practical side of it – installation and testing is a good fun. The theory and the exams are quite full on, there’s a lot to get your head around. It’s an open book exam. If you really need it, go for it.

You'll need supervisors course or level 3 qualification now to join CPS, no easy way in without shelling out a load of cash.

Ive got full scope, 17th and 2391 test and inspection and it's not enough. To be honest, to be really good at it, it's a lot of work for sockets and consumer units. You'll be wanting to be a fully fledged sparky to make it worthwhile which is a lot of work.

Electrical is is like the opposite to plumbing ( generally speaking )

Plumbing is is a harder physical skill with less theory and calculations

Electrical is easier physically but much more involved theoretically.

You'll need supervisors course or level 3 qualification now to join CPS, no easy way in without shelling out a load of cash.

Ive got full scope, 17th and 2391 test and inspection and it's not enough. To be honest, to be really good at it, it's a lot of work for sockets and consumer units. You'll be wanting to be a fully fledged sparky to make it worthwhile which is a lot of work.

Electrical is is like the opposite to plumbing ( generally speaking )

Plumbing is is a harder physical skill with less theory and calculations

Electrical is easier physically but much more involved theoretically.
Nice one Nostrum, couldn't agree more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electrical course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back