Search the forum,

Discuss Electric power shower in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Could anybody advise me on which power shower to buy for a mains water fed low pressure system preferably with its own built in pump , not sure of the electric power in the 1 that’s in use at the minute , don’t mind paying for a really good power shower

Many thanks

Think there is some confusion here. If the system is mains water fed it won't be low pressure. Could you be more clear on:
1. The source of cold water for the shower.
2. The source of hot water for the shower.
3. Whether you are looking for:
3a. An electric shower - which has mains cold going in and heats that water to provide the shower. Needs heavy electrical cable.
3b. A power shower - which has tank fed cold and tank fed hot going in, but contains a pump to give a better flow rate. Needs lighter electrical cable.
3c. A shower pump - which has tank fed cold and tank fed hot going in to the pump and higher pressure hot and cold coming out to feed a mixer shower. Needs lighter electrical cable and dedicated hot and cold feeds.
4. It may also help to know:
4a. What type of boiler you have.
4b. Whether or not you have a hot water cylinder (e.g. in airing cupboard).

I assume that you are not talking about a electric shower where the water is heated by heating elements as a "power shower" of 10LPM would require ~ 20kw.

Most power showers with a integral pump are tank fed as the pump takes water from both the cold water storage tank and the hot water cylinder.
The one I have seen is a Triton AS2000AX which will give a flow rate of up to 14LPM, I think it has now been superseded by a quieter running AS2000SR. Requires ~ 150/200 watts.

Sorry I have not explained myself properly , the shower now in place is a Mira electric shower that is mains fed water supply , when the shower is in use the flow out of it is really low , basically just like being under a very light rain cloud , we would like to replace it with something that has more of a good flow of water , we were told to look for a different shower head and hose that is made for low pressure flow

You can get a good flow of cold water (~10 LPM) with a 9kw electric shower but no way can you get a hot shower with 9/10kw.
Assuming cold water at 10C and hot water requirement at 40C then a 9kw shower will give a flow rate of 4.3LPM, if you increased the flowrate (with a pump or whatever) you would get a flow rate of 10 LPM but a rather chilly 23C.

The normal Mira shower head gives a nice spray pattern even at that low flowrate but a rain head type obviously won't.

Simply put, you will still only get a comfortable showering temperature with a maximum flow rate of 4 to 5 LPM no matter what spray head you use, some spray heads have 4 or 5 settings that give a broader or narrower spray pattern to suit different tastes.

Reply to Electric power shower in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock