Discuss Draining hot water taps from combi boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hainsworth

I have a dripping hot water tap to fix which I know how to do. It's just I've not worked with combi boilers so unsure how to drain the taps. I'm thinking I need to turn red valve off underneath boiler and turn on hot taps. If this is correct how long would it take for taps to drain down?
I've been doing my level two for just over a year now but haven't had much on site experience,especially with combis. Any replies would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Turn ya cold water main off , or the cold water feeding the boile, open all hot taps hey presto
Ps turn boiler of first

There are two blue valves on the boiler. Is the one I turn off on the right or left as I'm looking at boiler?

It's probably not underneath your boiler. You just want the main stopcock, wherever that is. Or if you don't know turn it off in the street.

the situ is different on most boilers so it aint that simple, one may be heating side. look underneath and it should say which connection it is

but like said before, why not turn cold water off at mains and turn boiler off?

What boiler ? it will be the smaller one of the two

just turn the stopcock off, or the iso valve on the incoming main on the boiler.

It's probably not underneath your boiler. You just want the main stopcock, wherever that is. Or if you don't know turn it off in the street.

Hainsworth is in Antarctica so not sure there will be a street?

the 15mm pipe to the boiler with the isolator on will be the cold feed,it may have filling loop attached to it also

If you look under the boiler you'll see two blue valve on the right. Of those two you want the one on the left (the one connected to the smaller pipe).

Turn this valve off at the boiler and then open all your Hot water taps in the house.

I put antarctica as my hometown on facebook because Tiverton is a dive

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it common practise to fit an isolator on the incoming cold just below a combi then? That might save me some hassle in future if stopcock doens't shut off. Never thought of looking there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Draining hot water taps from combi boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock