Discuss domestic boiler in commercial property in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_d_o_t

Gas Engineer
hi guys, i was called out to re- establish the gas supply to a domestic ideal mexico boiler for the office block above a mechanics garage, the meter is situated in the garage below and is a u16 meter and supplies a load of gas heaters via large steel pipe, 2" plus! but i am informed that they dont use the heaters and would not mind if i took the large steel pipe and heaters off the supply and only used this meter for one strait supply from meter to boiler?

many thanks

You need to decommission the pipework and that will be straight over the 35 litre domestic limit.

so you need to purge it with a stack and what not.

as croppie stated you need commercial change over and the tickets for that.

Hi yes I have on my gas safe card in the none domestic section meters and p/comm
just haven't done it since Colege as I'm always working with domestic

Depending on what size pipe, if you have TPCP1(A) you can decommission the pipework cut and cap it. You'll know if you are qualified/competent/confident to do it.
If not get someone in who is.

Will get the old books out
in the morning and have a read over, there's quite a lot of pipework and if can't hire one of them big purge tripods I won't be able to do it as I haven't got one. Thanks guys

I was about to say, i'm sure you only have to do an indirect purge if the direct purge fails to get the correct lel?

I was about to say, i'm sure you only have to do an indirect purge if the direct purge fails to get the correct lel?

And decommissioning pipework, albeit temporarily. Although real world rules apply.... Give it stacks til you hit your levels. Tbh I do I timed purge and I always get levels before time....

how about a 50L wet vac

On suck or blow?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh cropps, convince the company to have a new trainee....i could learn so much from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to domestic boiler in commercial property in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock