Search the forum,

Discuss Dishwasher and washing machine leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cristina

Hi all, I have a problem with blockage (I think)
First, the dishwasher didn't drain, so I did an empty run with some vinegar, and that seemed to clear it. All was fine for a while, once or twice I had a bit of an overflowing from the sink drain, more a gargling like noise, but that was all. Today I found water under the dishwasher after running it, and then I was running the washing machine and I found a leak under the sink where the waste pipe connect to the sink drain pipe.
How can I attempt to unblock the blockage, if it is a blockage, before calling a plumber?

Cris

You could try dismantling the trap to see if there's anything blocking it, if it's clear then you've likely got a blockage further down which if you don't own a 'snake' could be difficult to clear. Whatever you do; don't use a drain cleaner - if you do, tell the plumber you did to avoid him/her getting burned.

Last edited:
Thank you. I'll get a 'snake' and try that first. I won't use the drain cleaner.

Please let us know how you get on, it may help others in similar situations in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dishwasher and washing machine leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock