Discuss dhw valve, boiler cover - questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcd840

hi, as above. i was reading the instuctions earlier on my combi and just wondered what a dhw valve was ? also i tried to get a boiler service plan from scottish gas as we have just bought the house, after they had come and done the first service they told me they couldnt cover me as my boiler was "sime" and alot of its parts were special order and can take a while to come unlike other boiler brands, just wondered if anyone else has had this issue

cheers

I would suppose it would depend on how old the sime was. If its a really old sime they may well not be able to get parts

I would suppose it would depend on how old the sime was. If its a really old sime they may well not be able to get parts

its around 7 years old, they service chap said all the parts were showing...they just take a while to come

Sounds like a cop out to me, did he try to sell you a new boiler at the same time?
I look after a few simes and it's usually a few working days delivery for out of the ordinary components, not weeks.

Parts are fairly easy to get for a 7 year old sime. As stated aboved sounds like a cop out.

Sounds like a cop out to me, did he try to sell you a new boiler at the same time?
I look after a few simes and it's usually a few working days delivery for out of the ordinary components, not weeks.

no he didnt try and sell me anything, after he done the service he put the details of the boiler in his laptop and then " computer says no " he did say its listing all the parts but they were classed as special order and because of that then scottish gas were not willing to give me a boiler cover plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dhw valve, boiler cover - questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock