Search the forum,

Discuss Dab E.Sytank vs Grundfos Home Booster in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

I want to increase the water pressure in my home as showers really are pretty underpowered. I have been recommended the DAB E.Sytank that I will install in my attic alongside my Hot water unvented cylinder. This should great but the tanks is 87cm * 60cm (or similar) and my attic hatch is only 80 * 80.

An alternative I found was the Grundfos home booster but it seems to be a lot louder.

Is it possible to use the E.Sybox useable with other tanks that WOULD fit through the hole? In which case what should I be looking at?

Also some more general questions.

If the pump stops working does that mean I have no water at all?
What about when the tank is emptied? I am assuming that would mean I just get water at the mains pressure rather than no water at all?

Thanks

If you want that one, consider enlarging the hole to the attic?
I have done similar by temporarily removing a couple of noggins, cutting back the plasterboard and putting the tank in. Then replace the noggins and put back the plasterboard which in this case we covered by running 3” architrave all around the existing hatch.

I have a Esybox system and it is excellent. My main concern wouldn't be the size of the loft entrance, it would be the fact when full the unit weighs over 500kg! I would definitely want a structural engineer to confirm the location is suitable for that weight(it is also an awful lot of water to have stored above your head!). Can you not locate it anywhere else in the house?
Regarding your other questions, it can be plumbed in so if the pump fails a valve can put you back onto mains water. While you use the system it is constantly refilling (obviously not at the same rate as being produced), so to empty it would be almost impossible, you would most like run out of hot water first.
It is definitely worth doing your homework but I cannot recommend enough that you deal with a plumber who understands the units and what you want to achieve. They are not cheap to fit retrospectively, but really are very good once up and running.

yup, I am already considering making the hole bigger and I am already talking to a structural engineer. If I used the Esybox with a different tank though I wouldn't need to enlarge the hole and I possibly wouldn't need a structural engineer if I went with less that a 400l tank.
Other places to put the tank are limited and would take up space that would be better used for other things.

Thanks

What’s your incoming flow rate also what are you needing out of the dab flow rate wise ?

That will dictate the size of the stored volume required

Reply to Dab E.Sytank vs Grundfos Home Booster in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock