Search the forum,

Discuss Cscs card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Called a place today in Slough who wanted £50 for the test plus another £258 for the 1 day H&S course that's now needed. They also wanted £30 for the card.

Went online & booked the test for £19.50 at the same place as the above do it & found a course for £144 inc vat. Still £30 for card.

Are you NVQ qualified? To my understanding, if you have done your NVQ within the past two years then you don't need to do the 1 day course and you can just pay the £30 for the card or £55 to fast track the process

Do you only need cscs card when working on site or do you need it in general when working ?

On site

Trouble is trying to get an NVQ you gotta be working. I don't know any self employed plumber that's got the NVQ as self employed. It's a viscous circle. But im trying

Ah, gas card a different matter I think Steve.

I don't know any labourer or tradesman round here that doesn't have a card if they're on site. Not sure about gas though. Just know spreads, chippie & labourer.

Used to be able to get round this by joining the JIB, but I'm going back a few years, :wheelchair:

Have got JIB gold card but don't work on site anymore. So if you are saying only on site you will need the cscs card then it's useless to re-do the course in 2 years time ?

What do you mean? You've lost me.

What I've been advised is to sit the test, do the 1 day H&S course the apply for the green card.

Then find some work & do the NVQ while on site working.

I've never had any cscs card but once I have my NVQ 2 I can apply for the blue JIB plumber card.

That's what I've been told.

I'm not sure about gold card but been told the green card lasts 5 years?

I've been told different things from different people!

Any cscs card will be fine to get a start on site.
They check its in date and take a photocopy on the site induction. It's just to show you have a basic understanding of site safety, fire extinguishers etc.

Home | JIB-PMES You should find all the info you need on here, this is how I did mine. If you've no plumbing quals, go for general operative card to start with. You can do practice tests online so you know the format but to be honest, if you fail this, you really shouldn't be allowed out without yer mum!

I'm going for general operative.

Just ordered the book & will take test early Feb. Then do 1 day H&S course.

Cheers all

All the stuff you need to know is on here or even better phone them. They will tell you exactly what you need without getting caught up with some rip off merchant.
Home | JIB-PMES
Probably a red card but depends on your exact circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cscs card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock