Search the forum,

Discuss Couple of questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
1. Condense pumps (Jet branded) - this one has earth neutral live and 2 black wires for hi limit cut out. I just connected the LNE and omitted the black wires. Would this cause the pump to not work correctly?

2. Surely I can run the condense from the pump in any direction? I've had to run it over a window frame to come back down to an internal waste pipe. The unit is on but not pumping anything.

3. I have a newbie with me for two weeks. I asked him to do a tightness test and he did it at 18mbar - reckons that is how you do it on 'medium pressure' governors' - which looked like a normal regulator but with an extra cylindrical thing on the side.

Is this true? I've never heard of doing a TT at 18mbar

Have you pulled the little brown cardboard tab out? Or don't they put those on anymore?

it will work without the black wires connected but the boiler wont stop in the event of the pump failing,black goes to live into the 240 for the boiler on one from the spur etc and back out to the boiler on the other black wire

it will work without the black wires connected but the boiler wont stop in the event of the pump failing,black goes to live into the 240 for the boiler on one from the spur etc and back out to the boiler on the other black wire

I checked the pipe for kinks, none found. There's water in the pipe from the pump for about 10 inches and then the rest is dry, but the pump is running (at least I think it is - surely it only comes on when the water level pushes up the float to activate it??) but it's making noise like it's trying to pump.

I checked the pipe for kinks, none found. There's water in the pipe from the pump for about 10 inches and then the rest is dry, but the pump is running (at least I think it is - surely it only comes on when the water level pushes up the float to activate it??) but it's making noise like it's trying to pump.
yes it activates when the float operates ,have you taken the black wires anywhere?

yes it activates when the float operates ,have you taken the black wires anywhere?

I just put them in a connection block (separate, not connected together) and tucked them in the panel of the electrics on the boiler -

I know what I've done wrong!! I had to extend the pipe so I used the coupling that came with the pump, but I remember someone telling me it's a non return coupling - I must have connected it the wrong way round!! DOH!!

It happens and medium pressure meters

Let by of 7-10
Tt 20-21

but use the meter inlet valve and leave the evc open

But where no meter inlet valve is fitted

Let by 7-10
Tt 18-19

Last edited:
This had a nipple like every other meter?

Will get you a pic

image.jpg

Let by 7-10
Tt 20-21

image.jpg

Let by 7-10
Tt18-19

Bpec module 6 pg 11 if you have one

http://www.gb-gas.co.uk/gb-gas QuickReferenceGuide2014.2.2.pdf

Pg 8-9

Last edited:
So what would happen if you tested the bottom meter at 20mbar for TT? Cos I did that and got half a mb drop, he did it at 18 and got 1.25 mb drop

Depending on what type it is I believe it locks up but sorry I can't help anymore as ive never come across many medium pressures meters non fitted dom in my area

are you going back there ? If yes do it like on pg 9 and see what you get

Last edited:
Depending on what type it is I believe it locks up but sorry I can't help anymore as ive never come across many medium pressures meters non fitted dom in my area

No worries mate, cheers

There are a few different types of medium pressure regulators. Slightly different test procedures.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I'll pm you the test procedures if you like. I'm not putting them on here.

Same or pm me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Couple of questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock