Discuss Cost of new ideal combi plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shank

Hi. New to this forum.
can someone advise on the average cost of the above boiler with fitting. Have to de commission old boiler upstairs and put new one in kitchen with all new fittings.
have been given a quote of 2300 for this in a 3 bed house.

feel this is very expensive as have been given another quote of 1800

whats the difference.

thanks shan

Boiler, controls, filters, chemicals, tube and fittings.......anywhere between £1,200 and £1,600 then your labour on top of that!
To be honest I wouldn't do it for less than your higher quote.....£1,800 seems a little low to me!
Make sure your quotes include a system flush (boiler warranty void if not carried out to MI's), also check that both quotes are for a Logic Plus with 5-7 years warranty and not a standard Logic with only 2!
Everyone has different prices to supply and fit a boiler, so do your homework and check the company and there work out, websites, Facebook, reccomendations etc, don't just go with the cheapest quote as most people do because you could end up with a right lemon!
And check Gas Safe!!

Is one flushing fully, upgrading to try's to meet regs, better room stat, upgrading gas supply - any of these could explain the difference and without seeing the full spec it's difficult to say.

Hi. New to this forum.
can someone advise on the average cost of the above boiler with fitting. Have to de commission old boiler upstairs and put new one in kitchen with all new fittings.
have been given a quote of 2300 for this in a 3 bed house.

feel this is very expensive as have been given another quote of 1800

whats the difference.

£500!!!

sorry but had to:santa3:

I would seriously look at other boiler brands,speak to family/mates/chat to local merchant for advice as ideal are a mixed boiler,some engineers rate them but you have one pot of money it would pay to spend a few quid more rather then booking days off to wait for ideal to come round and fix boiler- if myself Viessmann/intergas(seem good) easy products to service and don't have to change burner seals& washers like others.good luck

You don't change burner seal on logic also you wash it on a service unlike the intergash

Your right but I said other brands you have to check/replace burner seals,oh and make sure the washer on the turret of flue and silencer on logic has been pushed in otherwise u can get f2 or reverberation,had 3missing from new

The old flue clip was a design floor. Always check them even if I'm just in the house for a wee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cost of new ideal combi plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock