Currently reading:
Cost of new ideal combi plus

Discuss Cost of new ideal combi plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shank

Hi. New to this forum.
can someone advise on the average cost of the above boiler with fitting. Have to de commission old boiler upstairs and put new one in kitchen with all new fittings.
have been given a quote of 2300 for this in a 3 bed house.

feel this is very expensive as have been given another quote of 1800

whats the difference.

thanks shan

Boiler, controls, filters, chemicals, tube and fittings.......anywhere between £1,200 and £1,600 then your labour on top of that!
To be honest I wouldn't do it for less than your higher quote.....£1,800 seems a little low to me!
Make sure your quotes include a system flush (boiler warranty void if not carried out to MI's), also check that both quotes are for a Logic Plus with 5-7 years warranty and not a standard Logic with only 2!
Everyone has different prices to supply and fit a boiler, so do your homework and check the company and there work out, websites, Facebook, reccomendations etc, don't just go with the cheapest quote as most people do because you could end up with a right lemon!
And check Gas Safe!!

Is one flushing fully, upgrading to try's to meet regs, better room stat, upgrading gas supply - any of these could explain the difference and without seeing the full spec it's difficult to say.

Hi. New to this forum.
can someone advise on the average cost of the above boiler with fitting. Have to de commission old boiler upstairs and put new one in kitchen with all new fittings.

whats the difference.

£500!!!

sorry but had to:santa3:

I would seriously look at other boiler brands,speak to family/mates/chat to local merchant for advice as ideal are a mixed boiler,some engineers rate them but you have one pot of money it would pay to spend a few quid more rather then booking days off to wait for ideal to come round and fix boiler- if myself Viessmann/intergas(seem good) easy products to service and don't have to change burner seals& washers like others.good luck

You don't change burner seal on logic also you wash it on a service unlike the intergash

Your right but I said other brands you have to check/replace burner seals,oh and make sure the washer on the turret of flue and silencer on logic has been pushed in otherwise u can get f2 or reverberation,had 3missing from new

The old flue clip was a design floor. Always check them even if I'm just in the house for a wee.

I personally think ideal have come on a long way in the last few years, and know a lot of heating engineers that would agree!
Not saying they are my number one boiler of choice but i've never had a problem with them and for the money with 5-7 year warranties you can't go far wrong with them!
I like to fit Worcester or Vaillant but would add Ideal to that list any day!

Everyone's different I guess......

Fair play mate but what a shame you have to that each time you see a logic.I dread the phone call from logic jobs under warranty but some where independents and easy money to change parts but still embarrassing having said these were strong built boilers

ideals wouldnt give a 7 year gaurantee if they thought they would get stuffed by it they sell thousands and have the data to allow them to do the sums

I'm a user and I opted for spending more 7 years ago when we changed ours and went for an Vaillent, It's had the rubber pipes changed to copper after blowing that also killed the board, diverted valve replaced. Spending more ended up costing me a lot more as well . Next time I'm going to be looking very closely at what else is on the market. Spending more does not guarantee no problems.

Hell could a cheap boiler have been any worse ?

Hi. New to this forum.

whats the difference.

thanks shan
on what basis do you think 2300 is expensive.
Have you asked what each quote involves.
Where do you live As price has a bearing on where you live.
personally would be looking at 2300 up wards.

you get what you pay for if your looking for cheap dont be surprised further down the line 6 months onwards if things start going pear shaped with your boiler and system overall because you opted for a cheaper.

At the end of the day you are paying for our skill, expertise and knowledge in our chosen profession not just the supply and labour and that comes at a price if you want a good job done.

Get more quotes to compare and ask what they will do .

both prices seem cheap based on an average boiler/ system upgrade considering most will need...... flushing ,magnaclean ,bypass ,controls ,new gas carcus, trv's and a sparky.

as for what boiler, ideal logic is a good boiler. Most engineers base there opinions on a few good or bad experiences of a boiler so take what we individual say with a pinch of salt. If the majority have the same view then its probably correct.

Sorry in advance
But this has to be an sfq.

Why dont you simply ask those involved to explain there quotes.
There are so many variables how do you expect a logical answer that can definatively say why.

Even your highest quote is too cheap, and would only make sense if it was a boiler swap but a boiler re-position ,,, no sorry way to cheap,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cost of new ideal combi plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock