Discuss Cooker adaptor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

Is it just me this is the second beko cooker with no female adaptor

Attachments

• IMG_20151009_153413.jpg
    IMG_20151009_153413.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 47
Its a Beko that says it all, not got the best name for making appliances

You need a female iron and a socket then you should be able to connect your flex

Hamilton gas products has what you need. A few times ive come across this.

The cooker fitting has a flanged end by the look of it, so get a 1/2 " FI with parralel thread and a seat in side the fitting to sit a fibre washer otherwise the male thread will just tighten into a female socket a wont be gas tight

Yeh its crazy and a taper is no good needs a straight and washer
I think youll find an iron socket it too deep and the end isnt flat to form a seal against a washer. These seal against a washer.

These male ends are quite shallow and you run out of threads even trying

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh its crazy and a taper is no good needs a straight and washer
I think youll find an iron socket it too deep and the end isnt flat to form a seal against a washer

These male ends are quite shallow and you run out of threads even trying

yea you wont do it with just a socket you will need a female iron aswell

Cant get the right type for love nor money round here.
The female irons are too deep i have found.

Indeed they often come with an iron socket but it is different to a usual everyday stockists female iron in that the sockets shallower and its flat faced and non taper

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh thought he had a gas hob lol

It does say cooker.
Yep different fitting

Throw it back into customers court, tell them they have to do the running around to get right fitting, send them back to where they bought it, not fit for purpose

Its a PIA.
I keep half a dozen hob fittings as i had a run of em.
Dunno where I got hob from lol

Use a 12fI x 15 compression, then fit a black iron socket to the 1/2 thread that the nut and olive were on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cooker adaptor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What would be a fair charge to fit a flow adaptor to a Worcester combi boiler? Thanks
Replies
Views
I am trying to source adaptors/reducers for the below taps for my renocation We have the tap ware currently but Union adaptors are needed to fit...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
R
Is it possible to change my rayburn royal from a cooker which also runs the hot water in my house to just a cooker. I want to have a combination...
Replies
Views
Hi, I bought a Grohe kitchen tap to replace my existing one and have found that it comes with fixed flexi hoses that are 3/8" instead of the UK...
Replies
Views
B
I don't know if such a thing just doesn't exist, but I am looking for a boss adaptor for a 40mm solvent pipe to fit a boss with 50mm internal...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock