Discuss Converting Single Zone to Two Zone CH System in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big_John_52

I have a single zone central heating system with a Worcester Bosch Highflow 550 boiler which I'd like to convert to a two zone system.

Please can you confirm that the following is correct: I need to put a two port valve on each of the two circuits and these are controlled by timers and thermostats in each of the two zones. The switches on the valves are connected in parallel to the boiler so when either valve opens, the boiler kicks in?

Would I need to install a bypass circuit? If so, what is required?

I have a single zone central heating system with a Worcester Bosch Highflow 550 boiler which I'd like to convert to a two zone system.

Please can you confirm that the following is correct: I need to put a two port valve on each of the two circuits and these are controlled by timers and thermostats in each of the two zones. The switches on the valves are connected in parallel to the boiler so when either valve opens, the boiler kicks in?

Would I need to install a bypass circuit? If so, what is required?

2 x zone valves
2 x programmable room stats or 2 channel timer with 2 x room stats
Auto bypass valve
If have a built on WB timer at present this will need removing
Wire zone valve end switches I.E grey and orange to LR & LS on 550 cdi PCB
Get someone in who is qualified if you are not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Converting Single Zone to Two Zone CH System in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock