Discuss conventional boiler set help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scanny1

hopefully sometime this year ill be taking my open fed conventional boiler out and replacing it with a a combi boiler once im gas safe,but not 100% how the radiator set up works ,i know basically that the pipes running from the boiler go to the copper tank are flow and return .the flow pipe runs to the pump then to the 3way valve to either go through the coil in the tank or to heat the radiators up, then for the radiator pipes runs and T off to the different radiators around the house. but un sure about the return pipe from the radiator! .tell me if im wrong does the bottom pipe from the copper tank which is also the( return flow for the hot water) do i T into this and use this for the return flow from the radiators thanks

The first thing you'll learn with gas is to not attempt something beyond your capabilities on your own. The same applies here. Do you know a HE that could walk through it with you?

I'm with howsie mate, not the kinda thing you want to start with.
Took me a few year before I started understanding conventionals, start at the beginning and work your way up.

That's why I always thought if you are doing gas you need plumbing as well. It's the same with oil, on a breakdown half the time it's not even the boiler. On an install you'll come across allsorts and you need to know what you are doing.

It's all experience and you have to start somewhere, Howsie's idea is a good starting point.

the return from the cylinder is always the last tee on the return so you should be able to work it out from there

hopefully sometime this year ill be taking my open fed conventional boiler out and replacing it with a a combi boiler once im gas safe,but not 100% how the radiator set up works ,i know basically that the pipes running from the boiler go to the copper tank are flow and return .the flow pipe runs to the pump then to the 3way valve to either go through the coil in the tank or to heat the radiators up, then for the radiator pipes runs and T off to the different radiators around the house. but un sure about the return pipe from the radiator! .tell me if im wrong does the bottom pipe from the copper tank which is also the( return flow for the hot water) do i T into this and use this for the return flow from the radiators thanks

when you say you are going to be gas safe.but from your post you don't have a clue about heating systems,
who taught you, are are you self taught,
you need far more experience,
if you don't know what you are doing get a skilled heating engineer in.
what is this profession coming to.
i certainly wouldn't let you lose in my house.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the replys and advice but really need to know if the return off the copper tank (the bottom one) is that also the return flow from the radiators

go have a look at your training books asap as you need a lot deeper knowledge before letting yourself loose on your own place let alone the world

thanks for all the advice your are so kind ,to be honest most of the people i have spoken to from british gas they have no qualification in plumbing at all they just have gas safe,I thought this was a forum for help .sadly it isnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to conventional boiler set help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock