Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Conservatory radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billybongo

Hello all , i am posting this on behalf of a friend she has a two bed semi with conservatory , problem is that the rad in conservatory wont get hot in normal run conditions , but when she turns all other rads off it gets hot .
The system is run by a combi boiler , and the only query i can see is that the pipes go into the floor house
side and come up into conservatory , but it does flow as said when other rads off .
Regards billy .

Either a balancing issue or the pipe is teed off from another rads pipe feeds rather than its own

Piped up by a builder most likely, probably needs re piping to get a better flow. Try balancing first but most con rads I see are link off the nearest rad and never work well.

Piped up by a builder most likely, probably needs re piping to get a better flow. Try balancing first but most con rads I see are link off the nearest rad and never work well.

I see this as well. Might get away with balancing, but more than likely joined in wrong. Check valves just in case.

Probably teed into a 10mm drop to another rad. Or pipework has been run too far.

It won't work unles other rads are turned off. As above try balancing, but if that dosnt work. The only option is to find out what side of pipe has been used and where has it been connected in.
Depending on the length of run. It will need to be in 15mm minimum. Then it needs to be run back to the main heating pipes ( not teed into another rad)

Also to comply with building regs. It should be on its own independent zone control through a room stat. ( although, very rarely done!)

Thanks for all replies , its not microbore , it possibly could of been done by builder its a 1960 ish build so hard to say . i will check to see if its piped from a nearby rad and try to balance system .
regards
Billy

Thanks for all replies , its not microbore , it possibly could of been done by builder its a 1960 ish build so hard to say . i will check to see if its piped from a nearby rad and try to balance system .
regards
Billy

so its in 15mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Conservatory radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock