Discuss Connecting supplies to a bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gareth80

Hi guys, I hope you can help. I have to do a bathroom install as part of my plumbing course. I have to use copper connections for the supply pipes for the bath. The pipe coming from the ground into the iso valves has to be clipped back to the wall so I'm guessing there will be a slight offset from the iso valves going into the tap tails. Obviously there will be limited space to work in behind there. Could anyone offer a suggestion on the best way to go about this? Thanks folks.

You've already answered your own question mate, offset out of the floor upto the taps, I personally wouldn't use isolation valves but only because the 22mm Ballafix ones leak when you look at them, you could use lever valves but I'd rather use the isolation valves on the cylinder.

Pull a double set for each pipe, cut it to size between the iso valve and the tap connector, offer it in, mark wall for clip, remove pipe, add clip, pipe back in, hey presto

Pull a double set for each pipe, cut it to size between the iso valve and the tap connector, offer it in, mark wall for clip, remove pipe, add clip, pipe back in, hey presto

Just like gasmanXXXr1 has said....... and be careful with your measuring, we don't like wasting copper tube in this game, so if you bend it and its still a bit shy, just put your bends back into the benders and bend a tad more, this will open it up more for you (Increase the offset)

Just like gasmanXXXr1 has said....... and be careful with your measuring, we don't like wasting copper tube in this game, so if you bend it and its still a bit shy, just put your bends back into the benders and bend a tad more, this will open it up more for you (Increase the offset)

Thanks mate, good advice. Out of curiosity, how would you accurately measure the offset I would need?

Thanks. I was going to put a piece of pipe from the top of my iso valve, and a piece coming down from my tap tail and measure the distance between the two to get the offset measurement. Does that sound about right?

Thanks mate, good advice. Out of curiosity, how would you accurately measure the offset I would need?

Experience!!!!

No offence...but learn how to use your tools.
If you want to be a cut above the rest buy some tube, tube benders and practice.
Educate yourself on the tools allowances.
Once you have the measurements and allowances, it will remain the same for that tool for as long as you use it

naw just buy some 500mm flexis, job done :).............................................................................................(taking cover)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting supplies to a bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock