Search the forum,

Discuss Combined direct vented hot water cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have a combined direct vented hot water cylinder installed in my flat and it works on economy 7. Just recently I have noticed that when I open a hot tap the water didn't come out warm and also after about 2 minutes the cylinder or pipework to it started juddering. Just in case the heating controller was having an effect I turned off the controller waited until I could hear no more water filling the tank then turned on a hot tap. After 2 or 3 minutes it started making a noise so it appears not to be heat related. Can you help please.

Read more: Combined direct vented hot water cylinder - https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/combined-direct-vented-hot-water-cylinder.547980/#ixzz6Qe9ONdFX

I've turned the heating controller off because I wanted to make sure that it had nothing to do with over heated water. So with it off and a hot tap open it still rumbles after a few minutes.

I've turned the heating controller off because I wanted to make sure that it had nothing to do with over heated water. So with it off and a hot tap open it still rumbles after a few minutes.

Does the rumble sound like it's coming from the cylinder? A bit like a ships horn? If so, new washer to float valve or new valve altogether.

Reply to Combined direct vented hot water cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock