Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Combi conversion and existing Shower pumps! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Bit of a problem. Customer wishes to upgrade Potterton Flamingo for a Worcester Combi.
She has a Salamander pearl 70 twin shower pump. I've highlighted the issue regarding water flow and that it may not be possible to achieve as good a flow with a combi. Didn't have a flow cup so couldn't really confirm flow at present.
I understand from other posts that flow averages at about 15 ltr/min not sure if that's correct, but the Greenstar 28 cdi doesn't actually equate to that. Am I unduly worrying.
The alternative is to keep a regular boiler but of course she has her heart set on a combi!! What would be the best advice?
Cheers chaps

my understanding is that shower pumps and combis are a no no. I just whip em out and wack on the mains pressure/flow having checked its sufficient for a combi to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi conversion and existing Shower pumps! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock