Search the forum,

Discuss Combi Boiler help needed in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys
Im afraid i need your help and advice again.Alpha 28cd combi boiler 12 years old.
No go this morning,flashing lights indicate problem with fan,new fan assembly £185 plus fitting.Question:is it worth repairing or would a new boiler be a better option given its age.
Also we would like the new boiler,if we have one,situated in the garage.There is pipework to a radiator in there already,so we would be able to take that out and replace with whatever pipework is needed.Gas meter is outside and about 4 metres from site of proposed boiler.
Would this be a costly and logistical nightmare?.Old boiler is in a cupboard in bathroom.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.

I would replace as 12 years old is throwing good money at an ageing boiler

1. You will be looking at:
1a. Running cold and hot water pipework.
1b. Replacing probable 15 mm radiator pipework with 22 mm.
1c. Running a condensate pipe to drain.
1d. Possibly running gas from the garage to any other gas appliance (hob?) if appropriate.
1e. Having a new flue installed - presumably there is a suitable spot?
2. You will need a frost thermostat and pipe thermostat to guard against freezing in a garage. The boiler may have internal frost protection, but that is limited to the boiler.
3. You will need to retain a source of heat to prevent freezing.
4. I would think it is your best long term solution, but:
4a. It isn't going to be cheap.
4b. It is likely to be disruptive both in the garage and the house.

Reply to Combi Boiler help needed in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock