Discuss combi boiler for a combi condensing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballandco

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hello people ,got a job to swap a potterton combi boiler for a wocester condensing combi,im new to installing as ive said before,the customer is supplying boiler and flue,he just wants a labour price ,the jobs is down is essex about an hours drive,
what do you rekon i should charge as i dont want to be to cheap,whats going rate,
thanks for any repleys i no people dont like talking about earnings obviously
cheers

What's your hourly rate? Times it by how long you think the job'll take and quote him that PLUS something for the weekend to register the installation!!!!

Think people will probably need more info: Is the gas pipe 22mm to the current boiler or will you you have to run this a long way? If he's just paying you for labour will he provide: flux, solder, gas, copper, fittings, electrics & wiring etc.? Does the system require a powerflush? I'm gonna stab at £700-£1000 labour only with top end including a powerflush if required...

yea there is 22mm pipework he has said,i will be flushing system clean but not power flushing,i will provide flus solder gas etc.im goin to do it with a mate do it within 1 day,im glad you said that as i was only thinking 400

I wouldn't rely on the customers assessment of the gas pipework. You should really size the run yourself.

Also a full day for two people to swap a combi is a long time. Custard won't be happy paying labour for two people.

Go on, what price did you do in the end? Are you gas safe? Help me sleep tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi boiler for a combi condensing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock