Search the forum,

Discuss combi boiler flue positioning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

27left

Hi there and some advise please, i am doing the donkey work on a house refurb, and now have got the the stage of positioning the combi boiler, (worcester bosch 30cdi)
i hope to hang the boiler in an extension i have built ,it has a flat roof, which then connects to a pitch roof, problem is the velux windowin the pitch roof which would be about
500 mm from the vertical flue, so my question is , could i run the flue away from the velux window, externally laying down on top of the flat roof then when sufficient distance from the window, vent upwards.
as internally it will be a nightmare, the final commissioning will of course be done by a gas safe engineer, in just trying to save time and labour,
any advise will be much appreciated, thanks

No GSR engineer will 'just commission the boiler' if you've done it all inc the flue. How does he know that you've connected it right? If anything goes wrong and ends up killing people HE will go to jail and lose his career.

Your not saving labour costs etc you cant even hang the boiler!!

No-one will give you advice because your carrying out ILLEGAL gas work

If you've got money to by a worcester boiler and extension, you will have money to pay a GSR engineer money to do a CORRECT job

Sorry 27left but this work has by law to be completed by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer & so no advice should be given to facilitate you breaking the Gas Regs, can only suggest you contact the commissioning engineer.

boy koogatubac, it was only a question, did not expect to get beaten up for it, nothing to do with you as to what i can afford to do or not

thank you chris, i will do as you suggest, i never had any intention of connecting the flue and certainly not the gas, i may be an amateur
but not that dumb, safety is paramount all wanted to know is an answer to the location of the boiler and flue positioning, if it was do able,

What you're suggesting with flue isn't allowed. Your best bet is to chat with the guy that will be fitting the boiler for so that the correct position and flue route can be decided. Even hanging the boiler should be left to a registered installer as we are signing off the security of the fixings when we sign it off.

diy-gas-work-killssssss.jpg

What you're suggesting with flue isn't allowed. Your best bet is to chat with the guy that will be fitting the boiler for so that the correct position and flue route can be decided. Even hanging the boiler should be left to a registered installer as we are signing off the security of the fixings when we sign it off.

SPOT ON :hammer:

Hello 27left, just read through your post & you reply to Koogatubac, it give a strong indication that you intend to fit the boiler & flue yourself ! you have the fitting instructions that came with the boiler follow them, good luck with getting someone to underwrite the installation, and with your house insurance if somthing go's wrong ! Will you admit to fitting it ? or let the Gas Engineer take the blame ??

Why do unqualified people come on here asking for gas fitting advice,when we are the people that lose out when they do it themselves

Hello 27left, just read through your post & you reply to Koogatubac, it give a strong indication that you intend to fit the boiler & flue yourself ! you have the fitting instructions that came with the boiler follow them, good luck with getting someone to underwrite the installation, and with your house insurance if somthing go's wrong ! Will you admit to fitting it ? or let the Gas Engineer take the blame ??

Exactly, i acted because it does sound like hes going to fit everything, which is illegal...o well what do we know...

Why do unqualified people come on here asking for gas fitting advice,when we are the people that lose out when they do it themselves
Trouble is guy's whats the real difference between a boiler & say a HW cylinder, a mains supply or a waste pipe ?? They have all got the potential to kill somebody & all will take way work from others, it's always a dilemma as to who you should give the help & advice too.

I understand that realy this is a plumbers forum for plumbers,so i think we are being generous enough when giving advice to those that we know stand out as never worked in the industry,imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I once knew a 1 1/2 p trap to become infectious and spread a dangerous virus, but was sorted when mario and luigi came in with their plungers...

Haha chris, i havent but if you got any, you do know sharing is nice... Send some my way!!

Ha Ha
I have been in the building trade for many years...
I can totally understand why the poster wanted to install the system himself - but without proper training and accreditation its a no go.

Plumbers charges have escalated beyond reality, that is what is driving the 'normal' person (untrained) to attempt what was suggested.

I have total sympathy with them and their predictament, suggesting also that they have the ''money to buy a worcestor cd30i means that they have money for a plumber too'' is not really fair on the poster. A lot of people are feeling the pinch and do not have £200 pound a day coming in ........( I do not either...)

A lot save up and buy the item then have to save to get it installed.

Pricing yourself out of the market is a thought.
Advertising for polish plumbers to work over here is a thought but due to regs its a no go -at the moment.

Now, would a woman plumber be more reasonable........lol

Not someone having a go at the genuine, hard working and fair priced trade but looking at it from another viewpoint.

plumbers charges have escalated beyond reality? get real. £120 a day is not asking alot for a professional person. Thats about the going rate in my area.

take into account the running costs of a tradesman over a person sat in an office...... van, petrol, insurance, public insurance,tools,training and qualifications, Gas Safe, time lost running around giving quotes, accountant....... the list goes on.

come back when you know what your taking about.

Nice again AWheating!! Ur on a roll tonight :):) why was this topic brought back up?! It was months ago!

He might be not be gassafe but he worked out how to build a new profile aswell as his extension IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi boiler flue positioning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock