Search the forum,

Discuss Cobi boiler fires up when thernostat timer is of in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Ste115

Hello,

I have a new CH system installed with ufh downstairs andradiators upstairs. I have three thermostats, two downstairs and one upstairs.

The issue I am having is that the boiler fires up every15mins or so for around 30 seconds then goes off even when the thermostats areoff.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Have you got the hot water pre heat set to on? What boiler is it? What sort of thermostats are they? What's the setback temp on the thermostats if they are digital?

My boiler does not have a hot water pre heat function. The boiler is a Heatline Capriz Plus, the thermostats are Heatmiser Neo and the setback temp is 5 degrees.

Cheers

Are you sure the boiler isnt wired up wrong and in fact it is one and running through the boilers internal bypass. Potentially the thermostats may well be linked to zone valves which are shut causing the small circuit and the fact it is only on for a few seconds. Worth checking wiring to boiler and ensuring there is no switch live even when boiler clock / stats are off.

what your describing does kinda sound like pre heat function, im not familiar with the boiler but is there a menu function it could be put on or off , otherwise there may be a zone valve stuck open or a problem with the wiring,
Is any pumps on ufh or anything heating up when the boiler fires up ???

i take its a system boiler lol no pre heat haha,,,, or is it a combi

I had a look at the wiring centre last night and the only thing that saw which I thought was different was the way in which Zone 1 was wired up (circled in red). I have three of the same thermostats highlighted in green and they are all wired up the same.
Below is the wiring centre diagram and below that is a photo of my wiring centre. Due to the fact that I didn’t have a hot water thermostat the plumber wired it up as below.
Wiring centre.jpgmy wiring centre.jpgdesk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cobi boiler fires up when thernostat timer is of in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock