Search the forum,

Discuss Close coupled toilet and pan issue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gingernut

Hi everyone this is my first post and I'm looking for some advice.Just bought a Affine Monaco close coupled toilet when I attached the cistern to the pan with the supplied through bolts the cistern leans forwards instead of being upright on inspection I noted the bolt through holes are not central to the large pump hole which is in the middle so as you tighten the bolts it leans forward, now I now I could put a spacer or packing to stop the lean but should you have to do that with a brand new toilet an pan, any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• cisturn 3 of 3.jpg
    cisturn 3 of 3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 83
Normally the fixing for the cistern can pull it back to the wall & even it all out

Unusual not to have screw holes above water level in cistern. The two bolts that fit to the pan will flex and, over period of time, rubber seal through which they pass, leak water. Necessary to use spacer between cistern and wall to cope with force of someone leaning back on cistern.

Not that unusual with cheap imports joni, hence why so many are stuck to the wall with ruddy silicone etc.

Phil, thanks for the advice! I've already had to drill the side of the pan to allow exit of the flexible pipe which connects the water inlet on the cistern to the supply, its much narrower than the old one which covered the isolator so that's already one mod performed! Only trouble with pulling it back to the wall is you would have to mess about getting the tension on the through bolts just right too much and it wouldn't pull back to little and you may pull the front up off the seal, such is life, many thanks guy's for your kind response's will let you know how I get on.

Bolts should be in line with syphon hole and 85mm from rear of pan. Looking at your photo this does not appear to be the case, hence your problem. Check with tech. docs. and return for proper casting.

Drill a hold and fix it to the wall make sure it goes flush with the wall before making the holes these cheap imported ones are sometimes not straight at the back

good luck

Some toilets are designed with the line of the bolts off centre.

Send it back And get your money back before you drill it. Up your budget hey 10% and buy a quality casting.
Wher did you get it from?

Send it back And get your money back before you drill it. Up your budget hey 10% and buy a quality casting.
Wher did you get it from?

Don`t think he can mate, something about drilling the side of the pan to connect the flexi.

Thaks guys, in response, Internet buy, Plumbworld. Have emailed them with the problem and supplied photographs not had a reply yet but... I have put a hole in the toilet pan!

Surely that could undermine the integrity of the pan. Know I sure as hell wouldn't want to be sat on one of it gave way. Do plumb world not give specs of their product width, height, floor coverage etc. Seems crazy that you should be doctoring the pan in this way as this takes all the weight

most likely another badly manufactured and designed toilet! getting more and more of these! last toilet I fitted had the flush pipe hole totally oval with gouges in so the flush pipe physically couldn't seal!, customer understood and spent £££ getting decent quality and difference is night and day!! precision round and smooth in comparison, another one had a pin hole in the casting in the flush area so every 8+ flushs it would produce a droplet of water and after a week you would then get a wet patch! absolute nightmare! , another toilet I fitted was made with zero allowance for plumbing what so ever! the inlet connection is up inside the toilet at an offset so you have no choice but to use a flexy pre tightened on to the inlet and then lower the cistern down to the toilet which isn't ideal!

Staffy85, your spot on regarding the amount of of space inside the toilet for fittings, this one as an internal measurement of 260mm x 135mm the installation instructions that came with the toilet no way represent this toilet and are purely generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Close coupled toilet and pan issue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock