Search the forum,

Discuss click-clack plug problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ryan7

Hi, Newbie here, apologies if duplicating previous threads.

I used sink unblocker to free up some of the waste built-up however after doing so, the click clack mechanism stopped working. The plug would not stay down, only up. After spinning it in either direction a few times thinking that it may unscrew, it didn't free itself; only a forceful pull did which released the plug but two plastic bits and a spring fell into the u-bend. I unscrewed the trap and retrieved them back.

My Question is, how do i put back together? I presume that it needs to be put together from beneath the sink but that just seems impossible to me.
Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks

quite simply to be honest as under no water pressure. If you unscrewed the Trap so get the bits out then you were 1/4 of the way there

Sure there will be a video or something online but its only a back nut and then a connection to the trap.

When you say new waste complete, do you mean a complete new sink or just the plug bit?

Ryan , if you are anywhere near Huddersfield if you pop in and look in my box of click - crap wastes you can take your pick . These days all I fit are basin "captive" wastes .

Its a bathroom sink.
Thanks for the offer but I'm quite some distance from Huddersfield.
Am I at any risk of damaging the ceramic basin or plumbing when changing the plug/waste unit?
A YouTube tutorial would be handy.

a basin then ;)

no risk to be honest. You will see a plastic or brass nut underneath holding the waste. Disconnect the Trap, and then undo this nut. Depending on the age it might be a little stuck and some plumbers add silicon anther the flange of the waste

If it helps, purchase a new 1 1/4 basin clicker waste first and you can understand what you are dealing with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to click-clack plug problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock