Discuss Cleaning secondary baffles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkOil

Just wondered what peoples best ideas are to clean secondary baffles, Grant, Worcester, Warmflow, Firebird etc.
Especially since the mi's say "don't use cleaning agents or wire brushes" how the heck are you supposed to get them clean, or is that the point........ They want you to buy new ones after a few years?!?!?

brass wire brush coz nothing else works once they start crud build up on the end

If its just soot etc and no hard deposits washing up liquid in a bucket is as good as anything

Anyone tried bicarb of soda in a bucket or is that too harsh?
I use hot water, but wasn't sure whether to put fairy in, but if you haven't had problems with condense traps frothing up, then I'll give it a bash.

Bucket of water with dishwasher tablet for me. ......yes it works but don't ask me why.
Oh and a stiff cleaning brush.

I keep thinking I need to invent a circular (brass) wire brush to draw the Grant ones through, like those pipe cleaners. The Firebird ones are a pain to get in and out although later models seem to be a bit easier.

i find because i set my boilers up so well i never need to clean them.....................................................

as if :)

I keep thinking I need to invent a circular (brass) wire brush to draw the Grant ones through, like those pipe cleaners. The Firebird ones are a pain to get in and out although later models seem to be a bit easier.

firebird need to have a serious look at the whole design of that boiler imho its upside down don't you just love one all sooted up first thing Monday morning because the wind has decided to blow in the wrong direction for the weekend

firebird need to have a serious look at the whole design of that boiler imho its upside down don't you just love one all sooted up first thing Monday morning because the wind has decided to blow in the wrong direction for the weekend
They did, thats why they use the digibox now, the post purge seems to work very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cleaning secondary baffles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock