Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Changing heating pump valve on boilermate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boilermate 2000 - I need to replace the right hand pump's isolating valve as it's leaking.
I've no problem with physically fitting it but do I need to drain it right down first?
I changed a sensor above the pump a while ago and just turned off the mains.
Also should I replace it with the same ball valve type or is a gate valve better?
Thanks in advance.

Hi there, unless theres valves close by that will isolate the flow of water then youl either need to drain the pressure or drain the system, im not sure wot system u have but if open vented then you could always plug tank and change valve,
Id change the ballvalve for pump valves,,

Ok thanks. As the hot water comes through the heat exchanger and is not stored like a normal cylinder I presume the only water present would be minimal?

You will need to drain the complete cylinder. This is best done from a drain point either on a downstairs radiator, or the boiler. Don't use the screwdriver slot types!
swap it for a better quality one. Also best to swap both at the same time.
these are good. Our forum spinster keeps them, but this is probably easier.
Perfect Pump Valves 22mm | Toolstation

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 28
ball type pump valves are shorter than gate types do you have enough pipe to cut back to take the extra length?also the nuts on the pipe side sometimes have different threads so will have to be changed

It was already a ball valve fitted so replacement will be the same, was just wondering if they're more likely to fail than the gate valve types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing heating pump valve on boilermate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock