Discuss Central Heating Zones - New & Replacement Systems in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told as long as you put it in writing, and get home owner to sign stating they understand that there installation does not comply with regulations which you recommended then you are covered.

Okaydokey done a quick search and found this :

If a person carrying out building work breaks the Building Regulations, the local authority or another person may decide to take them to the magistrates' court where they could be fined up to 5000 for the contravention, and up to 50 for each day the contravention continues after conviction.

You can read more here [DLMURL="http://www.findlaw.co.uk/law/property/building_regulations/9026.html"]How the Building Regulations are enforced and your right to appeal - Property...[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
So are all you guys going to mention this say in your t&c to cover your back?

So are all you guys going to mention this say in your t&c to cover your back?

I wonder if it would "cover your back"?

It does mention that proceedings have to be taken within two years of the completion of the work! I have never known Local Authority Building Inspectors being requested to a boiler changeover! I'd imagine they are around on building sites though? :)

i have in the past fitted a system in to a 3 story house each floor had a timer and stat easy

building inspectors will only attend a building on one condition and that is that some one is paying themso the chances of one ever checking something you've done is not worth worrying about
im certain these new regs are being brought in to keep trainers and controls companies in work each extra piece of cost that legislation adds to a job is money in the illegals pockets

I would like the law to be fully enforced, what is the point otherwise, when you have a BC officer who comes out after a customer pays £275 & says "I don't know anything about these unvented cylinders but if it hasn't blown up by now it must be all right" gives him a bit of paper & walks out !!!
I want to see people (customers & installers) being prosecuted where ever possible for non complaints of the building & for that matter the water regs as well. Why have I spent good time & money making sure I have the training & skills to comply when others don't & undercut me because they don't bother to upgrade heating systems for instants.
Lets try to get the law of the land fully enforced, it may be a way of getting the cowboys out or at least have a bit more of a level playing field !!

chris i agree completely but this is the problem of todays society so many laws are being flouted no one obeys any when you see burglars walking free despite having hundreds of previous convictions what chance is there of a crack down on builders and then theres politicians commiting fraud and paying the money back to avoid prosecution, the list is endless

Can't just throw our hands up in the air, otherwise we might end up with some people choosing not to obey any of our laws.
Got to complain, I will find out who best to & let who all know.
It might not be registration for plumbing but it is the only laws we have to prevent cowboy works, so it has got to be worth a try hasn't it ?????

I would like the law to be fully enforced, what is the point otherwise, when you have a BC officer who comes out after a customer pays £275 & says "I don't know anything about these unvented cylinders but if it hasn't blown up by now it must be all right" gives him a bit of paper & walks out !!!
I don't know if it's common throughout the USA, but I was recently reading an American site (Heating Help - Heating Systems ) and it would appear that in New York all heating work has to be pre-approved (e.g heat loss calculations etc) and the installation checked afterwards by independent inspectors. NO "self-certification".

There are also stringent rules about qualifications and training. One builder got done for using untrained and unqualified personnel to repair someone's chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Zones - New & Replacement Systems in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock