Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating sometimes not restarting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alankearn

Potterton Suprima 40 about 14 years old

Over the last month or so I have occasionally had to restart my central heating (red light on control panel flashing) via the restart button but during the last week it has happened more regular and I have had to restart it four times .
Anyone have an idea what may be causing it.
I know its getting to the end of its life but I hope it will last me out till the summer months and then I will get it replaced.

Thanks

What most would do is take out boiler cover contract, hope boiler works when inspected, then call out to repair once contract in place. Your problem is not a cheap fix, repair cost approx. two years of boiler cover and would have to be paid as lump sum. Forum rule prevent identification of fault.

ignore joni it could be an easy fix but you do need to get a gas safe engineer in to look at it

you wont get boiler cover for over 10 year boiler, unless the price far exceeds the repair cost.

There are allot of possible causes, most would be inexpensive and easy fixes for a Gas engineer.
A callout will likely cost you ÂŁ50-ÂŁ75 and would likely fix the issue, if your lucky you may get a gas safety check thrown in.

I wonder what 14 years of boiler cover would cost (ÂŁ2500)?

you wont get boiler cover for over 10 year boiler, unless the price far exceeds the repair cost.
You'd be surprised Redsaw, my company regularly take older boilers on contract for the same cost of new boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating sometimes not restarting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
New Boiler - Viesmann Vitedans 100-W 35kw Boiler Problem - Central Heating not working Central Heating is controlled by HIVE. Boiler was installed couple of months back. New radiators were installed as well. We never swiched on central heating until yesterday night. In the last 24 hours I...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up a flashing 79 code. Try restarting the boiler straight away but I have to wait 10 minutes for it to cool down before it works. I reset the boiler...
Replies
Views
hello experts, I am not a DIY plumber, just a home owner who had a plumber come in to fix a couple of things at home. But doing all of this, he may or may not have introduced a new problem which I wanted to get advice on from you experts Every night since the plumbers visit, the central...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock