Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating refill valve and pressure relief vent in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, hoping you can advise on a couple of problems I need to resolve. Please see photo

1. Not sure why there are two valves (in series) to operate to feed water into the system and raise pressure, but the lower (first) valve leaks water while open. Initially a small dribble, but most recently a major jet, worried it may totally fail next time it is operated. So I’m looking into changing it. Should I fit a like for like replacement, is it a suitable type of valve?

2. I need to re-route the pressure relief vent pipe as an extension has been built across where it exists the wall. Please confirm I can do this without needing to drain the system. Also please advise what sort of vent should be fitted on the end of the pipe, externally.

Thanks in advance

74706551-A433-402E-8D2C-7DA31CC3E276.jpeg

Yep they tend to leak after a few years best to replace

And correct aslong as it has a fall on it and doesn’t terminate above a door / window you will be fine

Yep they tend to leak after a few years best to replace

And correct aslong as it has a fall on it and doesn’t terminate above a door / window you will be fine
Thanks for replying Shaun,

Do you know if there is a15mm pipe fitting that should go on the external, some sought of insect proof gauze outlet, or will a down-turned elbow suffice?

I have means of isolation both sides of the valve to be replaced. I think it’s compression fittings so is it a reasonable approach to isolate both sides, release the pressure slowly, drain as much as possible and replace the valve? Or am I suggesting something very stoopid!

Reply to Central heating refill valve and pressure relief vent in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock