Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating refill valve and pressure relief vent in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, hoping you can advise on a couple of problems I need to resolve. Please see photo

1. Not sure why there are two valves (in series) to operate to feed water into the system and raise pressure, but the lower (first) valve leaks water while open. Initially a small dribble, but most recently a major jet, worried it may totally fail next time it is operated. So I’m looking into changing it. Should I fit a like for like replacement, is it a suitable type of valve?

2. I need to re-route the pressure relief vent pipe as an extension has been built across where it exists the wall. Please confirm I can do this without needing to drain the system. Also please advise what sort of vent should be fitted on the end of the pipe, externally.

Thanks in advance

74706551-A433-402E-8D2C-7DA31CC3E276.jpeg

Yep they tend to leak after a few years best to replace

And correct aslong as it has a fall on it and doesn’t terminate above a door / window you will be fine

Yep they tend to leak after a few years best to replace

And correct aslong as it has a fall on it and doesn’t terminate above a door / window you will be fine
Thanks for replying Shaun,

Do you know if there is a15mm pipe fitting that should go on the external, some sought of insect proof gauze outlet, or will a down-turned elbow suffice?

I have means of isolation both sides of the valve to be replaced. I think it’s compression fittings so is it a reasonable approach to isolate both sides, release the pressure slowly, drain as much as possible and replace the valve? Or am I suggesting something very stoopid!

Reply to Central heating refill valve and pressure relief vent in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock