Discuss Central Heating Pump Too Hot ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No unless there's a major problem

You might get a drip or two but won't be much

I'll give it ago tonight. Just out of interest, is the distance between the inlets generally standardised. I've ordered an exact replacement to simplify fitting, but am curious if another make would have been a straight forward option.

Cheers

Mark

yes they are stnd

OK. Tested last night and there seems to be plenty of torque. I did notice that I can push the spindle back about 5 to 6mm. It returns immediately, so I assume the spindle floats or is sprung along its length.

One thing I did notice during the procedure. I let the system cool down by switching everything off and with the MV port in the CH position there was some heat (warmth) emitted from the MV housing. This is clearly coming from the electrics (motor/electro magnet?). To determine if this is normal I switched the MV into the HW position via the timer, turned everything off and half an hour later no heat.
It seems when the valve port is in the Central heating position, even with everything switched off, the motor/electro magnet? requires power and is generating some heat (nothing excessive). Is that normal?.

Mark

PS. The water from the bleed was not an issue, but more than a few drips. Half filled a paint roller tray after about 3 minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Pump Too Hot ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock