Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Central heating f4 leak sealer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else on my mind -

We have been fixing leaks on sealed heating systems by using fernox f4 leak sealer, I was involved in an debate (friendly) that it might stop the leak temporarily but after about a year, or if the system gets emptied that the leak sealer what ever it does will not work anymore ie just consider it a medium term fix as theres no short cut to finding the leak.

Other plumbers say it will be a permanent fix.

Any opinions?

Thanks again

Readingplumber

and it does void warranty conditions with some manufacturers. best to find the leak and fix it properly imo.

It fixed a pressure drop for me recently! It lasted about 24 hours then it started to leak again! I think the leak was too big for it to be honest!

After taking up the laminate & floorboards beneath managed to find a leaking plastic push fit isolation valve!

So I don't rate the leak sealers much, plus I have seen if vents completely filled with jelly like substance after leak sealer added! So much for "does not block air vents"

Always better to look for the leak. I don't use leak sealer at all... can cause other issues clogging up the system and not worth the hassle.

i only use it if the sealed system is losing pressure over 3-4 months making the leak impossible to find, ive never had to add any more later on though

As AW said can void warrentys on new boiler due to the small passage ways on the new heat exchangers

wont worry an intergas boiler then, used leak sealer on pinhole leaks in buried pipe, saved digging the floor up for the timebeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating f4 leak sealer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock