Search the forum,

Discuss Capping off radiator above the floor, please advise. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey guys,

Quick question for all the I knowledgeable plumbers out there.
I need to remove one radiator which is first in line, as that room is being knocked down. Unfortunately I can’t cap off below the floor as it’s tilled. What’s the best course of action here?
Cap it off above the floor (will that not create air locks in those pipes?)
Join these two pipes together for continuity, but will I be able to get flow for the other two radiators down the line?

Thank you for any advise on this!
Lumen

A8748F0A-20E2-4A1C-9688-7251EA08D0A8.jpeg

Compression cap ends but surly it will cause a tripping hazard?

Also if it’s being knocked down the floor will have to be patched ?

Compression cap ends but surly it will cause a tripping hazard?

Also if it’s being knocked down the floor will have to be patched ?

Thank you for your reply Shaun.
The part where radiator was, will be boxed in, but I'm not sure what's best:
1. Cap the tails off 30-40cm above the floor (these will trap air?)
2. Join them for continuous flow, will this reduce the flow for the 2 radiators down the line?

Thanks,
Lumen

Can’t join them only option is to cap or lift the floor and remove the tees

Be fine you could put some air taps / vents on top but as your boxing it in no point as these won’t be accessible

Reply to Capping off radiator above the floor, please advise. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock