Search the forum,

Discuss Canal boat shower mixer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Need some help, Currently fitting a new shower mixer into my shower on my boat. The walls are un even ( not surprised) but this means that with the shower mixer central piece pushed flat the washers of the in out pipes do not lie flat on the wall, See picture attached. Is there a smart way to get around this? I was currently thinking packing it out with washers then siliconing round this, but wanted to see if anyone has any knowledge to do it any better way.

Thanks

Hannah
Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 07.59.25.png

Use15mm chrome plated copper to connect the mixer shower the wall plate can be siliconed and pushed back to the wall . Kop
Will that work if the wall is way out of being square though. If one inlet and the centre is plumb to the wall then that inlet looks 10mm away from the wall. Thinking bigger deeper shrouds needed.

Hi,

Need some help, Currently fitting a new shower mixer into my shower on my boat. The walls are un even ( not surprised) but this means that with the shower mixer central piece pushed flat the washers of the in out pipes do not lie flat on the wall, See picture attached. Is there a smart way to get around this? I was currently thinking packing it out with washers then siliconing round this, but wanted to see if anyone has any knowledge to do it any better way.

Thanks

Hannah
View attachment 42351
Maybe you can produce an bespoke section of upvc that will slide down over the inputs , stick it back and fix to that after finishing all the edges really well or do similar with chromed chking
why do you have green nail varnish on your fingers looks quite smart durr got it now ....Hannah

Will that work if the wall is way out of being square though. If one inlet and the centre is plumb to the wall then that inlet looks 10mm away from the wall. Thinking bigger deeper shrouds needed.
Just re read the post again and see both hot and cold inlets are off the wall - My bad.

think we need more pictures if bothe inlets are proud then there is something wrong with the fitting as the control is flat to the wall the wall is not that far out out as surely it would be a step either side to account for that gap.

think we need more pictures if bothe inlets are proud then there is something wrong with the fitting as the control is flat to the wall the wall is not that far out out as surely it would be a step either side to account for that gap.
Canal boats barges etc do not have the same depth behind the walls as buildings especially the older types I think this is where the problem might sit Centralheatking

Hannah, press a straight edge on the wall as close to the fittings as you can, it it looks ok then suggest checking the parts on the mixer valve are assembled correctly.
[automerge]1580319325[/automerge]
Canal boats barges etc do not have the same depth behind the walls as buildings especially the older types I think this is where the problem might sit Centralheatking
Correct, just fitted a Mira to around 44mm of wooden wall.

think there is more to it than that the control is flat and there is a 1/2" gap to the flange if its the same both sides then its not the wall thats out its the way its been fitted

Possibly the OP has found the error and for whatever reason didn’t say thanks.
They posted the same question on another site (canalworld) at the same time and engaged with the discussion there. According to their profile, they were 'last seen' here less than 20 minutes after posting the question, which presumably means they haven't seen any of the replies.

I'm trying to get into the habit of checking the OP's "Last seen" time by hovering over their icon before adding to threads these days...

Reply to Canal boat shower mixer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock